Rotary joints for contactless data transmission
There is a growing need for faster and more accurate data transmission via rotary joints for different applications like industrial automation or plant construction, stage technology, wind turbines and non-destructive material testing systems.
SPINNER uses contactless capacitive data interfaces for data transmission instead of slip rings. This approach permits transmission rates of up to 1 Gbit/s in Ethernet-based bus systems (e.g.: Ethernet protocol IEEE 802.3: Profinet A, B and C, POWERLINK, Bluecom, EtherCAT and Sercos III), also at very fast rotational speeds (up to 6000 rpm). 100 Mbit/s real-time feature enables transmission of various, deterministic bus protocols.
The great advantages of these contactless data interfaces are that they are non-wearing and maintenance-free. Transmission errors and distortions because of micro-interruptions and line reflections are very effectively prevented (bit error rates < 1x10-12), which reduces abnormal data packets and cycle times.
- Automatic recognition of the bus speed for Ethernet-based protocols up to a net data rate of 1 Gbit/s
- Multi-channel design available, also simultaneous transmission of other bus protocols possible in parallel to Powerlink
- Maximum immunity to interference thanks to the enclosed design, no WiFi
- Operation independent of the rotational speed and direction of rotation with constant transmission quality
- ready for use directly after the system has been switched on
- Modules with free inner diameters of up to 360 mm available
- Combinations with contactless power transmission of up to 300 W at 24 V DC available
SPINNER RF components meet highest standards
SPINNER applies extremely high standards with regard to quality, engineering, materials and manufacturing e.g. DIN EN ISO 9001 - Quality Management, DIN EN ISO 14001 - Environmental Management and ISO 50001:2011 - Energy Management. This enables us to offer contactless data transmission rotary joints with the best possible performance, even under the harshest environmental conditions.
If you can’t find a data transmission rotary joint according to your specifications online, please contact our sales team by email with the specification needed or select one of the displayed products for a Quote Request and add your special requirements in the comment field of the form before submitting.