Rotary joints for contactless data transmission
There is a growing need for faster and more accurate data transmission via rotary joints for different applications like industrial automation or plant construction, stage technology, wind turbines and non-destructive material testing systems.
SPINNER uses contactless capacitive data interfaces for data transmission instead of slip rings. This approach permits transmission rates of up to 1 Gbit/s in Ethernet-based bus systems (e.g.: Ethernet protocol IEEE 802.3: Profinet A, B and C, POWERLINK, Bluecom, EtherCAT and Sercos III), also at very fast rotational speeds (up to 6000 rpm). 100 Mbit/s real-time feature enables transmission of various, deterministic bus protocols.
The great advantages of these contactless data interfaces are that they are non-wearing and maintenance-free. Transmission errors and distortions because of micro-interruptions and line reflections are very effectively prevented (bit error rates < 1x10-12), which reduces abnormal data packets and cycle times.
- Automatic recognition of the bus speed for Ethernet-based protocols up to a net data rate of 1 Gbit/s
- Multi-channel design available, also simultaneous transmission of other bus protocols possible in parallel to Powerlink
- Maximum immunity to interference thanks to the enclosed design, no WiFi
- Operation independent of the rotational speed and direction of rotation with constant transmission quality
- ready for use directly after the system has been switched on
- Modules with free inner diameters of up to 360 mm available
- Combinations with contactless power transmission of up to 300 W at 24 V DC available
SPINNER RF components meet highest standards
SPINNER applies extremely high standards with regard to quality, engineering, materials and manufacturing e.g. DIN EN ISO 9001 - Quality Management, DIN EN ISO 14001 - Environmental Management and ISO 50001:2011 - Energy Management. This enables us to offer test and measurement components with the best possible performance and lowest possible intermodulation (Low PIM), even under the harshest environmental conditions.
If you can’t find your fiber optic rotary joint according to your specifications online, please contact our sales team by email with the specification needed or select one of the displayed products for a Quote Request and add your special requirements in the comment field of the form before submitting.